Friday 27 November 2009

Archery in a cold place and other things

Why do I always get the start of a blog just as I am going to sleep.

Annoying last night as I started to drift off, the beginning of this blog began to write itself in my head. Now a few of you dear readers may think thats a bit odd. But there you go and so there was the start.

Now whats been happening since my last blog. Well lots of archery still of course, Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age and Star Trek. A few things to get through then.

Star Trek first. The new Blue-ray came out and yes it still looks brilliant. In fact even better when you can look at it on a nice big screen. The Enterprise looks cool, the effects are great, the story wonderful and when is the next film coming out?

Modern War 2. Ok now thats a game of course. Has had a few bits of odd press and there is one old adage I would remind anyone to stick to. If you don't like something then, either don't buy it, watch it, read it, listen to it and now don't play the game. Having said that I have played it and it was good, online gaming fine.

Problem is where is that Elite that came out for the BBC B. (Oldie computer people will know).

Dragon Age on the other hand is for the role players and has that interesting part that you may have to play at least 6 different ways. I guess its all driven by the need to sell of course. The old Elite sold for £15 pounds maybe and it lasted for months before I needed another game. The wireframe graphics were state of the art for computers back then and the game play was open ended. Now well you have to either pay monthly or buy the latest new game and still not find that Elite.

Dear read please don't think this blog is becoming anything like a monthly something or other.

Back to the update.

Archery. Well the indoor season has started, guess it had to with the rain, wind and bad light. No that was summer.
Well the indoor season has started because people say so. I have been considering how I would approach it. I started by planning what I would do Friday, just go in shoot look at some technical bits and practice. Saturday I would shoot a round. Indoors is either Portsmouth or Worcester. Its been going very well my scores rising nicely. Until I got to the first postal shoot. It went of course downhill, but still over the 500.
Now I did a Worcester this past weekend and the scores were not bad. 244 and 267 out of 300. Really have being feeling very good about all this now. As I said in my last blog, there is a feel for archery that you can get. And it keeps growing, it keeps grabbing you. You start to get that 10 feeling, the moment the arrow starts to move. You know that need to draw the string, you feel that last second when you have settled almost the breath let out and then, like a tick of a clock hitting the top of the hour. The fingers don't let the string go , it just goes. And yes I have seen the arrow fly to the target.

There are more competitions coming along, more chances to improve and now use my handicap. Archery certainly has taken over my weekends and its wonderful.

One last thing my readers, I have been writing a Doctor Who story The Virus in Time for 10 years. Now do I post it here in my blog or what. It needs a bit of work still but then don't all authors say that?

Let me know reader (if any of you are out there).

3 comments:

  1. I would serialise it in your blog. That way you could put your own comments at the end of each part as well, like a directors commentary. Shall I make you a logo for it ?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve I would like that.

    Talk later about the logo

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark

    Check Steph's email for a logo.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete