Wednesday 15 January 2014

2014 and all that

Hello Dear Reader
It's been a while since I last posted anything, well just before Christmas 2013 to be correct. Since then what has happened. We have lost a Doctor and gained another pleased don't ask Who, we have seen Christmas gales and rain just surviving for some. We also saw, some of us did, Sherlock up and running about, again.
Doctor Who drew a number of differing responses from it's Christmas episode, maybe coming to quickly on the heels of one the best I have seen to-date. Many people will always want to see something their way and to be honest I am no different. I would like to see a return to the original way of story telling, 6 to 8 episodes 45 minutes each giving the characters, writers and viewers a chance to indulge in the story. I very much doubt my one view will make much difference but at least I can say it.
That is in complete contrast to Sherlock, which has been very well written, acted and staged to a degree that you almost forget its 90 minutes long. The last three episodes held over 8 million viewers each time enthralled by the stories. The thought of reducing this to 45 minutes and waiting might seem cruel, in fact it possibly would be cruel. Even finding the odd plot error (in my humble view) still did not distract from the overall entertainment, which for me is what this was about. The plot errors? Well Magnussen having a real letter, maybe that was a con, mentioning that he had items brought in and Mary having a memory stick. All this when it is reviled that Magnussen kept nothing. Having read the books, you can clearly see everything that Doyle placed in the stories transferred to the small screen. Will there be more? One can hope so.
So 2014 has started. My writing is continuing, I am close to finishing my first novel (draft maybe) and I plan to sort out my poems. Archery is another of my passions which just before Christmas produced my very first Robin Hood. For those who don't know thats when you hit one of your own arrows and end up costing you a trip to the shop. I do plan to improve my overall fitness and possibly go back to the gym. That's what you call a throw-away statement.

Tagline 'Did you miss me?'

No comments:

Post a Comment