Tuesday 22 July 2014

Monty Python - The End?

Hello Readers

This is  a rather short review due to the watershed. Whatever that is on the internet, it best be short. 

Last night I saw Monty Python almost live at the cinema. To be honest I did not read many of the critics reviews as I knew they would be split. I often don't care for someone else to tell me if I might enjoy something untilI have seen, read or listened. 

I grew up watching and listening to so much in my youth and Month Python was always considered funny but a little rude. To be honest if you look back and some other radio shows (yes radio) they pushed the boundaries just as much with the odd double entendre. 

For me, the final show was a great trip into my past and a fitting farewell to a comedy group who did push boundaries. I sang along to all the songs and remembered most of the words. The Galaxy song a favourite of mine updated due to the 5 minute argument of a scientist and a comedic. 

Some have claimed that it was tired and old. Hell the ages of the remaining Python's were past 70! They dont move like they did, they did not need to for me. The show was a combination of past success and the clear brilliant idea of Eric Idle who masterminded Spamalot. Please note that show moves around with a young cast.
So to those who complained about the content, the editing on telly and more well you just did not get it, did you. 

Long live Monty Python and forever be naughty boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment