Thursday 14 January 2010

New Year New Post - Well almost

Greetings my dear readers.

What does Happy New Year really mean? Is it wishing the Year to be new and happy, who knows.

Well dear readers as you have seen the first three parts of my Doctor Who story have been posted on my blog. It is something I have wanted to do for quite some time now. There are a few more parts to go yet and I must thank my editor for all the pain (well not really pain).

And of course you dear readers for reading it. I am not sure how many people actually do what they dream of or even see the results. These days the internet allows for dreams to be created and realised however odd they might seem.

The Doctor Who story is very much something that has been running inside my mind for many years (over 15 it seems) and now is being 'published'.

More of that in this Happy New Year.

Archery update - My first indoor competition external as well. The first weekend of January, Saturday was a practice in very cold conditions. I had purchased some thermals over Christmas very handy and useful. Shooting at 25 yards rather than the normal 20, felt good. Could not wait to get the bow back in hand and feel the arrows fly.

Sunday was the day of the competition and the team had to be at the place by 9.30am. So an unearthly start at 6.30am - yes Sunday morning - in the dark and the cold. And the snow. It was a little surreal getting up that early and seeing the Moon but all in a good cause.

The place itself was we thought going to be cold. And how wrong we all were, they had full hall length heaters. The actual shoot was very good, scored 474 out of 600 at 25 yards. Overall I came 21st out of 31. Now considering that I have just completed 1 year I feel I have made great progress.

I really am enjoying archery, its more than a sport now to me, it has a power, a passion, an enjoyment and something I can see me doing for years to come.

And in the next couple of weeks I have 3 more comp's all indoor so I will post more results in the future blogs. I do recommend that people find that sport or hobby that gives them the escape they need and gives them a sense of who they are inside.

Ok well my first 2010 blog done and updates to my dear readers.

I guess I ought to have some sort of strap-line (a writers thing) at the end of my blogs so here goes.

'May your arrows find gold'  

2 comments:

  1. But I dont have any arrows :(

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this blog, you really conveyed the details of your first external competition well. It really was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete